A short biography of my life
- Born in 1943 in Westfield, raised on a farm in Sherman, NY.
- Graduated from Bob Jones University in 1965.
- Graduated from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary in 1971.
- Deeply affected by Fr. Anthony De Mello lectures in 1986 at Le Moyne College.
- Visited Ashrams in India in 1987 with a grant from SFTS. Resulted in dissertation titled, "Solitude: Door to Self-Knowledge and Empowerment."
- Awarded a Doctorate of Ministry from San Francisco Theological Seminary in 1990.
- Pastor of three Presbyterian Churches in Pennsylvania and New York.
- Pastor at the Wayside Presbyterian Church in Hamburg, NY for 33 years.
- Pastor Emeritus of Wayside Presbytery Church since June, 2011.
- Married to Naomi for over 48 years with four children, eight grandchildren.
- Member of the Theosophical Society.
Reading, speaking, writing, singing, golfing, mountain climbing, and his family. He has been a 5-year member of the Theosophical Society of America with its international headquarters in Chennai, India.
To help people experience their Spiritual Selves and thus freedom and peace.
- How the Jesus story was a continuation of ancient pagan mysteries.
- Gnosticism as the foundation of Christianity.
- Effects of Calvinistic Puritanism on our culture.
- The Theosophical Society of American
- All sacred scriptures have profit in reading and learning.
- The Jesus Story may be an adaptation from several earlier "Mystery Stories."
- The Fourth Century Church erred in making the Jesus story literal and exclusive of others.
- Each person has the Divine within.
- Our basic nature is Divine and Love rather than sin and depravity.
- God's love is universally present in all and for all.
- World peace comes from living and practicing it in compassion and kindness for all, especially our enemies.